For more than 2.5 million years, along the Northern Pacific Coast of Canada, the convergence of mountains and ocean waters create a nutritive silt. It is the only of its kind in the world, composed of 69 natural minerals and rare earth elements such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, copper, and selenium that are continuously enriched by the flow of the sea and sand together. This Glacial Marine Clay has been used for centuries by the Homalco First Nations people for medicinal purposes for its anti-bacterial and healing properties.
Through a state-of-art proprietary process, with zero environmental footprint, Glacial Marine Mineral Water (sea silt extract) is meticulously extracted to retain the complex mineral composition of the silt, proven to provide a wide range of benefits to achieve pure, healthy skin.
Major Benefits of using Glacial Marine Mineral Water
- It has high electrical conductivity, due to high levels of dissolved ions, which enhances the activity & bio-functionality of active ingredients in skin care formulations.
- Enhanced electrical conductivity also means enhanced thermal conductivity, a higher rate of cooling, providing an instant cooling effect.
- Glacial Marine Mineral Water has a balanced Potassium/Sodium ratio: to maintain isotonic environment for the skin cells to prevent TEWL (Transepidermal Water Loss) and increase moisture.
Other skin benefits due to its rich mineral content
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Helps decrease the activity of seborrheic glands
- Helps reduce pore sizes
Glacial Marine Mineral Water is a superhero ingredient proven to boost collagen, supply and protect the skin with potent antioxidants, and help the skin maintain hydration and elasticity. Pairing Glacial Marine Mineral Water with other anti-aging ingredients such as Amber Extract in our Amber Extract Anti-Aging Serum and Amber Extract Eye Cream make these products a dream blend for rejuvenating the skin and preventing cellular deterioration.